Featured on the MPC2000 and the MetalMaster Xcel cutting machines with the Plasma/Fiber Laser Cutting Combination and you gain the best of both with the most up-to-date technology.
Messer Cutting Systems Fiber Laser utilizes a fiber optic cable for beam delivery and can be used in conjunction with the plasma process. By eliminating the need for mirrors, cleaning, alignment and replacement of mirrors becomes a thing of the past. The fiber laser process is three times more efficient compared to the common C02 Lasers and eliminates the need for a resonator thus no laser gas is required making cost of operation considerably less.
Internal holes smaller than a 1:1 ratio are now achievable, including sharper corners on squares and cleaner straighter holes. Previously this was impossible with only the plasma process. You now gain better part accuracy than “True Hole® Technology” on .75" (19.05mm) mild steel and below. Your parts can be cut using only one process or utilize both Fiber and Laser to maximize your production. The unitized machine design provides an extremely accurate machine platform and ease of installation.
The Shuttle Table incorporates servo drives on transfer and elevator stations allowing for combined transfer and elevation simultaneously reducing dead time and provides a base for additional material handling equipment such as “Smart Cranes” and “Tower Systems”.
- Fiber Laser 6kW,
- Two shuttle capacities ≤.75" (19.05 mm) material thickness .75"-2" (19.05 mm-50.8 mm).
- Shuttle Sequence <1 minute 10’ (1.8 m) <1.5 minutes 20-25’ (13 m - 7.6 m).
- Machine frame with two independently driven Y-Axis carriages each with full plate coverage
up to 3000 ipm positioning speed.
- Machine can be equipped with one Plasma, one Fiber laser head or two plasma or two fiber Laser heads (utilizes a beam splitter so only one Fiber laser source required).
- Class 1 Laser Enclosure with door interlocks for protection from spatter, glare, cutting, and noise.(Optional acoustic insulation reduces plasma sound level outside enclosure to 85 db.)
- Slagger® table standard for part drop and debris removal out of the table and enclosure.
- Fiber Laser: MS .3/4" (19.05mm) SS .50" (12.7 mm) AL .3/8" (9.525 mm).
- HPR260XD Plasma: MS 1.50" (38.1 mm) SS/AL 1.25" (31.75 mm).
- HPR400XD Plasma: MS 2.0" (50.8 mm) SS/AL 1.75" (44.45 mm).
- Achievable Fiber Laser cut part accuracy +/- 0.10 over 72" (1.8 m) area.
- Achievable Plasma cut part accuracy +/- 0.030 over 72") (1.8 m) area.
- Laser system is completely integrated into the Global ControlPLUSwith on board macros, nesting and data bases for both plasma and laser.